Hetton Hawks membership renewals are now due. Membership runs from 1st April to 31st March the following year. A lapsed member is any member who has not paid their annual membership subscription, due on the 1st April each year, by the 31st April.
To renew please click here and choose “Buy Club Membership” or select the “Join our Club” tab
We are using the British Cycling website to help process the renewals. All members are also encouraged to join British Cycling. First year membership is free for Youth & Juvenile riders. It provides them with the a race licence and has a number of member benefits available through the BC website. Please choose this option when renewing if you are not a member of British Cycling.
On acceptance of your membership renewal you will also be invited to our new Spond group. Spond is an App which allows the club to manage events and communicate with our riders & parents safely and securely. You can read more and download the app in preparation here – https://spond.com/welcome
If you have any questions or unable to complete registration online please see any Coach or Committee member at one of the sessions. You can renew on a Saturday morning if you are unable to complete the renewal online.
Full (First Claim) Membership:
- This will be the usual and most common basis for membership.
- Adult members must be parents/guardians of existing youth/junior/U23 riders.
- Eligible to represent the club in races across all disciplines and wear club kit while doing so.
- Will have Hetton Hawks as their registered club on BC license.
- Eligible to vote at AGM.
- Eligible to attend all coached sessions at a fee of £3 per week
- Priority selection for all club social events and cycling challenges.
- Same as “Full Membership”, however only for families where there are 3 or 4 members of the same household wishing to join
- Will apply to a minority.
- Transfer to and continuation of social membership will be at the discretion of the membership committee.
- Available only for riders who are over 16 years old.
- U23 riders must have a minimum of 2 years’ continuous full membership.
- Adult members must be parents/guardians of current or former youth/junior/U23 riders.
- No vote at AGM.
- Not eligible to be coached in a club session but can support coaches as an expert rider / volunteer role.
- Eligible to attend all club social rides and cycling challenges.
- Expected to be an active volunteers for the club. Examples include expert riding support in coached sessions, coaching helper, race/event organisation, marshalling etc.
Coaching / Club Welfare Officer Membership:
- Typically, is on a full (1st claim) basis but can also be via the social membership criteria.
- There are no fees applicable. (renew at a Saturday session to avoid the published minimum online fee)
- All coaches are eligible to vote at AGM.
- Coaches qualifying for this membership category should commit to delivering an average of 1-coached session per month.