It’s that time again when we get to ride the route of the pro’s just before the race and show the crowds that will already be gathered just how strong a club we are with such fantastic young riders (and parents/helpers)
All details are below regarding what the council dictate along with info around timings and meeting but shout on Saturday if you still have any questions.
Those wanting to ride the parade lap need to do the following
- Wear club kit ensuring the Hetton Hawks colours and logos are visable
- Meet at either
- 17:00 – 17:15 – Meet at the University Car Park just off Elvet Hill Road, next to Trevelyan College (see picture below) postcode DH1 3LN should get you close and we will ride down as a club from there.
- 17:30 Meet next to the white gates leading to Prebends bridge (just off the roundabout at the bottom of potters bank) – See images below
- 17:45 Hetton have two parade laps literally just before the pro’s go off
- 18:00 Mascots are all Hetton riders who will be led away by our welfare officer Katie Cleathero after the parade laps to meet the teams
- 18:30 Warm up
- 19:30 Race starts
- 20:45 Presentations
Once laps completed we will finish at Durham School and will be free to do whatever we want, but in recent years it has been excellent to spectate the first few laps together at the top of the course to show a united front.
Lets show the public how great the club is and have fun!
Details and timings below from Durham Council
TOUR SERIES 31 MAY 2016
Below are the allocated time slots and also the laps allocated,
RIDE and ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE:
1645: – Blue Light Race – Police v Fire Service – 3 laps, no warm up lap
Trophy for winning rider donated by Chief Constable
1700 – Durham City Velo Ride – 2 laps
- 1700: Oompah Brass playing at Fighting Cocks / Framwellgate Bridge, 15 minutes approx.
1715 – Bishop Auckland Cycle Club Ride – 2 laps
1730 – Universities (Durham v Sheffield v York v Derby) Challenge Race – 3 Laps no warm up lap
Winner to be first rider over the line.
1745 – Hetton Hawks Ride – 2 laps
1800 – Mascots to event village to be briefed on required duties
- 1800: Oompah Brass at Tennis Club on Margery Lane to play on Finish Line area, 20 minutes approx.
1830 – Tour series warm up
- 1915/1930: Oompah Brass playing at Elm Tree Pub on Crossgate, 30 minutes approx.
1930 – Tour Series begins
2045 – Tour Presentation
Maps & Stuff
Car park at Trevelyan college to meet at 17:00 onwards and leave at 17:25
White gates to meet at by 17:30
White Gates Location (where 3 red circles are)
More details below from Durham Council
Map of course and road closures Pearl Izumi road closures 2016
Further details of the event http://www.tourseries.co.uk/venues/durham/11791.php#.Vzjoo_krKUk
- Professional first aid will be on site, though of course I hope that this will not be required
- If you are remaining to spectate, and hopefully all will, should you be keeping your bikes with you please do so in the marked yellow area, this is an area with more space for your bikes and where you are less likely to be moved on from unlike other parts of the course that bikes may be a congestion hazard.
- PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO STORAGE ON SITE FOR BAGS AND SPARE CLOTHING CLUBS ARE ASKED TO MAKE THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS WITH COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS FAMILIES ETC